To help tourism businesses prepare for international markets, the CanExport SME program is now accepting new applications for programs starting after April 1, 2022. The program focuses on export marketing activities of existing products and services on foreign markets. The CanExport SME funding program is now available to tourism businesses that host international visitors and can partially cover various marketing, advertising and other related expenses. Small and medium-sized enterprises can access financing of up to $50,000 to help them with their international market development activities (up to 50% of the costs of export marketing of products and services in international markets with little or no current sales). Activities funded by the program include:
• Visits to foreign markets
• In-person attendance at trade shows, networking functions, meetings or conferences
• Attend virtual trade shows, networking functions, meetings or conferences
• Translate, adapt or create marketing materials
• Search Engine Optimization
• Collection of market information (custom research, reports and studies)
• The program now covers costs related to online advertising on social media platforms, online marketplaces and search engines.
• Expert advice in digital marketing and e-commerce is now eligible.
Learn more about eligibility criteria, eligible expenses and the application process here.