By Josh Marais –
Businesses in Chesterfield and the wider Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire area are welcome to take advantage of funded training to develop their workforce.
Training is provided through the Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) program, which Serco runs in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. Eligible companies can benefit from:
- A training needs analysis for your business, identifying the skills you need to support your business ambitions
- Flexible training – choose comprehensive qualifications or mix and match individual units to suit your business
- Professional on-the-job training to meet individual and business needs, including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and e-learning
- Training courses for your employees allowing them to evolve within your organization towards higher diplomas or apprenticeships
- Recognized accredited qualifications and training to increase the skills of your employees
SSW is co-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), meaning you can access a wide range of training at no cost to your business. SSW has a network of expert training providers who can deliver a range of fully funded training courses and accredited qualifications. The courses offered include:
- Leadership/Management/HR/Team Leader/People
- IT and digital skills
- Business and office skills
- digital marketing
- Health and social care
- Hotel and catering
- Mental Health Awareness
- Enterprise administrator
- Customer service
In Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, SSW has supported over 9,200 learners since April 2019 with over £16.8m invested in training and skills support to date.
A support recipient working in the manufacturing sector commented: “Everything was well organized from the start and we had a mix of on-site and off-site training, so that we could upskill our key staff with minimal disruption to the production.
“Two staff members have been promoted since the training to higher positions. Taking this tailor-made management course gave them the confidence to move forward in their careers. »
If you would like to find out if your company is eligible for the funded training program, simply go to https://www.serco-ese.com/skills-support-for-the-workforce/ or contact Howard Cordingley, Partnerships Coordinator , to [email protected]
Businesses in Chesterfield can find out more about the range of business support available to them in the region by going to: https://www.chesterfield.co.uk/business/business-support/